As a result of the downturn in the economy in the past few years, many people have become unemployed and have been struggling to purchase food. The number of homeless people has also risen. As an organization that has always shown genuine interests in helping the less fortunate, we felt this was a great opportunity to help the homeless by providing them with a few extra meals.
In January 2012, Ket Doan Association officially launched a new project called “Feed the Homeless.” With the combined efforts of our staff, many dedicated volunteers, and generous individual donation, we have made it possible to serve hundreds of meals to the needy every two months at Franklin Square Park in Washington, DC. We have provided more than 150 meals in each of our past 3 “Feed the Homeless” events.
TIME AND LOCATION:
Date: Sunday June 9, 2013
Location: Franklin Square Park on K Street, NW, Washington DC
HOW WE PREPARE FOR THE EVENT
• Plan food purchases and submit donation requests to Costco and Restaurant Depot. Our list of food includes hot dogs, chicken noodle soup, sandwiches, coffee and tea, snacks, boiled eggs, fried rice and breads.
• Reach out for volunteers and solicit in-kind donations
• Collaborate with Girl Scout troop in the planning of event
HOW YOU CAN HELP
• Be a volunteer at any of our “Feed the Homeless” events
• Can provide food and supplies
• Can make monetary donations. All donations are greatly appreciated regardless of the amounts.
Please contact Thuy Duong Bui at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
Thank you for supporting Ket Doan