Invitation to Participate in Vietnam Advocacy Day: March 26 & 27, 2014
January 1, 2014
Dear fellow advocates,
We would like to invite you to return to the National Capital for the 2014 Vietnam Advocacy Day, to be held on March 26 and 27, 2014. The objectives of the third Vietnam Advocacy Day include:
(1) To advocate for the passage of Vietnam Human Rights Act (S. 1649) by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
(2) To call on both houses of Congress to include human rights conditions in the Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations with Vietnam
(3) To create opportunities for human rights champions and pro-democracy advocates in Vietnam to observe and participate in civil society activities outside of Vietnam
To generate sufficient influence on US policies, we aim for 1,000 – 1,500 participants coming from across the US and also from other countries, compared to 500 in 2012 and 800 in 2013.
The first day of the event, Wednesday March 26, will focus on the Senate.
· 9:30 am – 11:30 am: Breakout sessions
· 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Plenary session
· 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Press conference
On the second day, the Vietnam Civil Society Conference will be held in the House of Representatives.
· 9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Plenary session
· 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm: Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission’s hearing on religious organizations
· 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm: Breakout sessions on human rights and democracy
Via video live streaming, activities of the Vietnams Advocacy Day will be made accessible to all interested individuals, including those in Vietnam.
For those who participated in the Vietnam Advocacy Day in prior years, we hope you would again join us in 2014 because your prior experience would prove valuable to many first-time participants.
If you plan to participate, please register soon and before January 31, 2014. We have less than three months to organize this major event. You can register at http://tiny.cc/VNAD14.
Or you can contact us at: email@example.com and provide us with your full name, address, email and phone number for ready contact.
Also please mark your calendar and start planning for the trip to the National Capital. We look forward to seeing you.
We will send you regular updates, which can also be found at http://www.bpsos.org and http://machsong.org.
Nguyen Dinh Thang, PhD
CEO & President