WHEN: Sunday, January 24 at 10 AM
WHERE: Dupont Circle Fountain, 1900 P St NW, Washington, District of Columbia 20036
DCSFA invites you to Dupont Circle Park this Sunday for SNOW WARS: THE SNOWBALL STRIKES BACK! Kickoff is at 10am and the action likely will continue for hours and hours (there should be no lack of ammo this time). So if you can’t be there right from the start, show up when you can – the early troops will need reinforcements!
Now, about that theme…
We’re big Star Wars fans, and if you are too, bring your outfits and get into character as you engage with Storm Troopers, Jedi, Vader and maybe even some Ewoks! We also welcome Trekkies and other space-themed combatants (think Guardians of Galaxy, The Martian, and as an homage to Bowie, some Ziggy Stardusts as well!).
* Anyone participates in this event does so at his/her own risk.
* Please follow any instructions given by the National Park Police or Metropolitan Police Department. DCSFA will do so.
* Anyone who behaves recklessly is individually responsible for the consequences.
* DO NOT THROW ICE OR PELT MOVING VEHICLES!
* Play safe, and by all means, HAVE FUN!
In plain English for those who need things to be spelled out to them:
– Don’t bring guns (or other non-snow weapons)
– Do protect your eyes
– Don’t attack small children/animals/reporters/police
– Don’t throw ice or stones
– Do bring friends and good vibes
– Do stay at home if you’re afraid, injured, or are recovering from a medical condition
– Do dress appropriately for the weather and the activity
– Do have fun
Hipsters, transplants, celebrities, and politicians are fair game.
We also hope you can sign up for the DC Snow Team of Serve DC – The Mayor’s Office on Volunteerism and help seniors and people with disabilities to shovel their sidewalks over the weekend! Post a photo of yourselves doing the shoveling on our Facebook page, Twitter, or Instagram with #DCSFA, show it to the staff at Ping Pong – Chinatown – our official sponsor – and you’ll get a free DCSFA T-shirt – the first new DSCFA swag since 2010!
– Team DCSFA