FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nicole Schade | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Chin | Rebecca@taapr.com
GEORGETOWN ANNOUNCES THE RETURN OF FREE OUTDOOR SUMMER FITNESS CLASSES
WITH “SUNSET FITNESS IN THE PARK”
Free and open to the public, fitness classes run weekly beginning June 1 through August 31 in the Georgetown
Waterfront Park from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Washington, D.C. (May 23, 2016) – The Georgetown Business Improvement District (BID) brings back free weekly outdoor fitness classes for the summer months beginning June 1. Sunset Fitness in the Park will feature Georgetown fitness studios leading free classes in the Georgetown Waterfront Park from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. on Wednesday evenings.
With over 40+ studios and athletic specialty stores in Georgetown offering everything from yoga, barre and Pilates to running clubs, and cycling, Sunset Fitness in the Park aims to promote a healthy lifestyle while introducing the various studios and instructors to those who work, play and live in Georgetown. Featured classes will be taught by instructors from CorePower Yoga, barre3 DC, Down Dog Yoga, Yoga Del Sol and more. A full schedule and
registration link can be found at www.georgetowndc.com/sunsetfitness.
Sunset Fitness in the Park
• When: Every Wednesday evening June 1 through August 31; hour long sessions begin at 6 p.m.
• Where: Georgetown Waterfront Park near the intersection of Potomac Street and K Street (Water Street).
• What: FREE one-hour outdoor fitness classes hosted by Georgetown yoga, barre and other fitness studios.
• How: Registration is encouraged as classes will be capped at 100. View the class schedule and register at
• Details: Bottled water and snacks will be provided. Enjoy complimentary healthy snacks from Georgetown restaurants and incredible Potomac River views. Participants must bring their own yoga mat..
• Inclement Weather: All registrants will be notified of weather cancellations by 3 p.m. on class day, along with rescheduled class details when possible.
As part of the Georgetown BID’s summer programming, Sunset Cinema will return Tuesday nights at sunset beginning July 5. To celebrate the National Park Service turning 100 this year, Georgetown’s movie series will feature iconic movies filmed in and featuring national parks and monuments across the country. For more information, visit www.georgetowndc.com.
About the Georgetown Business Improvement District
The Georgetown Business Improvement District (BID) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the accessibility, attractiveness and overall appeal of Georgetown. Established in 1999 by its property owners and merchants, the Georgetown BID has more than 1,000 members. The organization is located in the heart of Georgetown in Washington, D.C. and sets a standard of excellence in preserving historic charm while meeting contemporary needs. From marketing and special events, to transportation, economic development, destination
management and streetscape, the Georgetown BID contributes to the vitality and quality of life in Georgetown. For more information, please visit www.georgetowndc.com.
About National Park Service
Since 1916, the National Park Service has been entrusted with the care of the U.S.’s national parks. With the help of volunteers and partners, they safeguard these special places and share their stories with more than 275 million visitors every year. On August 25, 2016, the National Park Service turns 100! The Centennial will kick off a second century of stewardship of America’s national parks and engaging communities through recreation, conservation,
and historic preservation programs. Join the celebration to explore, learn, discover, be inspired, or simply have fun
in over 400 national parks.