SOURCE: Tourism Authority of Thailand NA
WHAT: Rumble in DC! (Rescheduled Date)
WHEN: Wednesday, September 25, 2018 from 6 PM to 10 PM
WHERE: Woodrow Wilson Plaza, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004-3000
CFor the first time ever, the Tourism Authority of Thailand is excited to announce Rumble in DC! In partnership with the Royal Thai Embassy, Washington DC, Qatar Airlines, Conrad Koh Samui and various local vendors, this FREE event will bring a live tournament of Muay Thai, the traditional Thai art of self-defense, to the U.S. capital. Whether you’re a longtime fan or new to the sport, you’ll be sure to enjoy watching competitions between some of the best up-and-coming fighters.
Joining TAT to celebrate Rumble in DC is special guest Master Kru Pol. With years of world class, professional fighting experience under her belt, she and her students will demonstrate the Wai Kru Ram Muay, as well as several sparring bouts.
When: Wednesday, September 26th, 2018
Time: 6pm – 10pm
Where: The Woodrow Wilson Plaza at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (Federal Triangle Metro Stop)
Make sure to tag us with the hashtags #RumbleInDC and #ThailandInsider,and follow us on @ThailandInsider on all social platforms to stay connected!
Additionally, TAT will be hosting a major sweepstakes opportunity, but you must be on site in order to enter! The prize? Two economy round trip tickets to Amazing Thailand (Washington, D.C. – Bangkok), compliments of Qatar Airways, which flies to over 150 destinations worldwide. And two-night stay at Conrad Koh Samui, one room with daily breakfast for 2 persons. To enter, simply come to the TAT tent at Rumble in DC and provide your name and email for a chance to win. The winner will be announced onsite, around 9:45 pm.
Other sights to experience at Rumble in DC include:
• Thainesss Through My Skin – Come to the TAT tent for Thai-inspired tattoo stickers and make sure you enter for a chance to win two economy roundtrip tickets to Thailand!
• Thai Wellness Center – Treat yourself with an amazing Thai massage.
• Thai Chef – Get a taste of Bangkok right in DC with Thai Chef’s street food.
• Urban Thai – Ever wanted to try somtum or larb? Discover these unique flavors at Urban Thai.
• Asia Nine – You can’t talk about Thai food without mentioning curry, and Asia Nine will be selling a variety of them!
• Thaitanic – If pad thai, mango sticky rice, or Thai iced drinks sound delicious to you, head over to Thaitanic’s tent for a taste!